Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2 Peas Blogger 10/24/07

Blog about something inspiring that you've heard/read lately.
Blog about it.

The most inspiring thing I have heard/read is from the lesson plan for my daughter's daisy girlscout troop. The lesson if for them to earn their "Responsible for what I say and do" petal. They have to color a picture and then crumple it into a ball and then you see the wrinkles in the paper and then you explain that whenyou say something mean or do something bad it always leaves a mark on that person. Then you squeeze a tube of toothpaste and tell them to put the toothpaste back in the tube. Of course, the moral there is that sometimes you say or do things that you can't take back.

Oh boy am I glad that I am a leader because I NEED THESE LESSONS. So do a lot of other adults I know. Why is there not an adult girl scouts? LOL

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

HAHA! Great idea! Lady Scouts!

You have to wonder sometimes what has happened in our lives to make us forget or neglect the fundamentals we learned early on.

Great lessons! I'm gonna do those with my girls!