Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 Resolutions

1. Finish at least 52 scrapbook pages.
2. Lose at least 20 lbs.
3. Get Journalingjunkie.blogspot.com to the top 50 on Top Scrapbooking blogs.
4. Keep my car clean ALWAYS starting Jan. 1.
5. Finish reading the bible from cover to cover. I started with Genesis and have reached Psalms so far.
6. Finish reading Living Artfully and begin living its principles.
7. Start seriously working on decorating my scrapbook room.
8. Attend crops and classes at my LSS at least once a month.

Stolen from http://tracysaidwhat.blogspot.com/

One habit you'd like to break totally: Complaining.
One person you'd like to get to know better: To be honest, everyone. I would really like to make more friends and to actually go out with someone else besides one of my family members on a regular basis.
One random act of kindness that you'd like to make a habit this year: Doing more things for my husband.
Something that you'd like to own by the end of 2008: a 12x12 printer/scanner
Something that you'd like to get rid of by the end of 2008: emotional baggage
One change you'd like to see in your life in 2008: More friends and time spent with friends.
One thing you'd like to memorize in 2008: The Girl Scout Law
Something that you'd like to improve on: Journaling on my layouts.
Something you'd like to learn in 2008: digital scrapbooking and to do more Ethnic and complex cooking
Something you're looking forward to this year: My DH and I are going to be married 6 years and I can't wait for the DH to get his yearly bonus and then we can hopefully plan a trip.
One thing you're going to make sure does NOT happen in 2008: I will not go negative in the bank.
Will you try to eat healthier?: UH, YEAH!!!
Will you take up some form of exercise?: well, I want to start walking more and work up to running and then possibly riding a bike.
Will you try to improve your financial situation?: Yes
Will there be any lifelong goals you'll try to accomplish?: I don't really have any life long goals. Is that sad? Except maybe to travel.
Will you move to a new place?: Nope.
What new things will you try for fun and adventure?: Cooking some of my recipes and hopefully going on vacation with the fam.
Will you try a new look?: Yes, I really want to.
Will you try to eat something you've never had before?: yes!
Will you be getting any tattoo's?: no
Will you be getting any piercings: no
Will you try a new hairstyle or color?: YES
Will there be any charities you'll be active in?: Yes
Top 5 Places to go in 08: Disney World, Grand Canyon (highly doubt that will happen though since my DH is afraid of heights), Mexico, new York, Anywhere in the North
Top 5 Things to do in 08: Make more friends, read the bible cover to cover, re-read/finish Living Artfully, finish at least 52 scrapbook pages, lose at least 20 lbs.
Top 5 Ways to improve yourself in 08: lose weight, worry less, obsess less, try not to let mean people get to me, not get as mad at my boss
One new years wish to make your 08 truly happy: More friends, closer relationship with my husband.

4 comments:

mborrero said...

Loving your goals too, the one about the car would last 5 minutes with me though. i would have to pass on that resolution for sure.

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful list for 2008! Wishing you the best in achieving all of your goals. :) Happy New Year!

Colleen said...

Love your list and I can sure relate to a lot of it! Can't wait to see what 2008 brings for you!

Happy New Year!

Mel said...

Greetings from Cape Town! So interesting to see your list, I can identify with so many! Am loving your journalling junkie website and hope to begin submissions as soon as my kids go back to school next week. And, do take a pic of your scrap room and post it BEFORE you do your decorating...that way it will incentivise you to get going...plus give us some ideas too!