Saturday, March 3, 2007

Disney, random musings etc.....


Well, Christian and I are getting ready to try to plan a trip to Disney. I know there is like this whole anti-Disney thing out there, but I will be honest. I LOVE DISNEY!!!!! Disney everything! I can't wait to go. I loved it last time. Hopefully we will be able to afford it and even to stay at the Grand Floridian!!!! That is like the best hotel at Disney. The only thing that is up for grabs is that Dell bonus. We are anxiously waiting to see what it will be so we can see what we can afford. **Keep your fingers crossed.**


---My baby girl is almost ready to start Kindergarten!!! Can you believe it?! So the dilemma? Where does she go to school? Public? Private? So let's discuss the first option... Public. So, the school in our area is Union Hill. It is freaking enormous!!! Like seriously huge! You see that picture above? That is it! Somehow, that picture just doesn't even begin to show how large that school is. I mean it is scarey big! Good news is that the school EXCEEDS state and local ratings on academics. They have really awesome scores. So here is a list of Pros:
1. Close to home
2. High academic scores
3. No issues regarding after school care--There is on site after school care
Cons:
1. ENORMOUS--I am afraid that my little person will be lost in a sea of children.
2. There are 7!!!! Count it 7! Kindergarten classes...about 22 children per class, that is approx 150 children just in Kindergarten!
3. It looks like a friggin instiution. I mean I thought at first that it looked like a prison.
4. It is larger than my HIGH SCHOOL!!!!
Ok, so the next option.... Private school...namely Round Rock Christian Academy
Pros:
1. My child will not only learn the basic subjects, but about God! That is such a draw for me!
2. Small school..3 Kindergarten classes. Smaller classes, means more individual attention. Children learn at their own pace...all children are not working on the same things. When they have mastered an area of study, they move on to the next level.
3. I am familiar with the curriculum...A Beka. That is the same curriculum that Christian's brothers and sisters were taught in home school. Which BTW, is really great.
4. Close to my work. :)
Cons:
1. It is at a BAPTIST church. However, they do state that they do not teach BAPTIST doctrine. However, it does still concern me.
2. It is expensive. We currently pay around $600 for child care a month. It will be around $650 for this and that would even include me having to adjust my schedule to be later. Which I don't mind. However, now I drop my child off at 7:15 and pick her up around 4:30-5 every night. I will have to drop her off at 8:15 and therefore Christian will have to pick her up before 6.
3. You have to APPLY and be accepted. They have to have an interview with Christian and I and they have to test Victoria.
I am currently leaning toward RR Christian Academy. I am just really hoping that God will help with this!!! Everyone pray for the perfect situation for Victoria's education. I would really appreciate it!
I need prayers too. I am finding that I am how should I say this...dissatisfied with my personality. I am just a very BOLD person to say the least. I guess my personality is hard for people to deal with. I just don't want to be someone that people can't stand to be around and apparently since I am just so IN YOUR FACE, I am not that easy to be around. I don't want to be that person. I really don't. I am so frustrated, I feel like I have really made a lot of improvement in my life. I am so much more responsible than I used to be. I don't drink often and when I do, I am very very conservative. This is a HUGE improvement for me. I guess I am just frustrated because when I fix one thing about myself, 15 different things that need to be improved upon pop up! Plus, I am a perfectionist and I can't stand it when I have a flaw!!!! I mean its ok for other people to have flaws, but not me! So the real question...Why do I need to change me? I mean I honestly kind of feel like telling people to go take a freaking stick and stick it in a not so nice place if they don't like me. I mean if you don't like me, then go away. So, I guess do I like me? Honestly, I think that I am strong and that I LOVE! But, I don't want to be that person that everyone thinks is annoying. I mean there is this woman that is an accountant that I have to work with and I can't stand her! I can't stand her personality, she is just too way over the top and so unpleasant. So I am just wondering, Am I like that to other people? I just need prayers to help change the things that I need to change and keep the things that I need to keep.
WOW! There is a lot of heavy stuff there, so I think that I will just stop writing for a while.

No comments: